Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease characterized by an undulating course. Most often, psoriasis is manifested by a specific skin lesion, which can be located on any part of the skin.
Initial psoriasis is not always immediately recognizable. However, this is possible if you pay attention to the characteristic symptoms in a timely manner. If you turn to a dermatologist in time, the development of a rash can be slowed down and stopped. Therefore, it is important to know what signs indicate the presence of pathology.
Causes of psoriasis. initial stage
There are no reliable facts about this. Psoriasis is not a fully understood disease. However, there are factors that can contribute to its occurrence:
- genetic predisposition (refers to the most common factors);
- disorders of the immune system (also often provokes the onset of psoriasis);
- endocrine problems;
- recent streptococcal infection (angina)
- the presence of chronic diseases (especially inflammatory);
- bad habits like addiction to alcohol and cigarettes;
- frequent stress.
Psoriasis can be found in a person of any gender and age. However, more often it affects people older than 25-30 years.
Symptoms of the initial stage
With psoriasis of the initial stage, the symptoms are mild. However, you can notice them.
To understand how psoriasis begins, you should pay attention to the following typical symptoms:
- Increased dryness and flaking of the skin A person feels tightness of the skin. in the elbows, knees, lower back, scalp. However, these areas may differ in different cases.
- The presence of specific rashes. Typical for psoriasis are small papules of a pinkish-red color (flat, elements of a rash slightly rising above the level of the skin) with clear boundaries, gradually merging with each other.
- Scales on the surface of the rash. They are silver or whitish in color. Easily removed from rashes, however, this can lead to the formation of cracks or the appearance of unpleasant subjective sensations.
With some varieties of psoriasis (“pustular”), the rash may not be in the form of spots, but in the form of small convex formations with purulent content inside. In the photo of the initial form of psoriasis, you can see how different types of psoriasis and their signs appear.
With nail psoriasis, the rash primarily affects the plate. In this case, the initial signs are as follows:
- the formation of small depressions on the nails (symptom of “thimble”)
- change in the structure of the nail plate – the nail thickens, becomes brittle
- discoloration of the nail plate – the nail may acquire a yellow tint, orange -red spots appear under the nail
- thickening of the skin under the nail;
- looseness of the plate and its peeling (not always);
- small dark longitudinal lines under the nail plate (non-specific symptom, is a consequence of hemorrhage under the nail plate)
- redness of the nail hole.
A photo of the symptoms of the initial stage of psoriasis will help you better navigate.
The first symptoms are rather vague and do not manifest themselves clearly. In addition, they are similar to the symptoms of some other dermatological diseases, which can lead to difficulties in diagnosis. For this reason, it is extremely important to immediately make an appointment with the hospital – for a more accurate diagnosis.
All stages of psoriasis
In total, there are three key stages in the development of the disease:
- Initial or progressive stage. Numerous rashes appear on the skin in the form of small papules. A distinctive feature of this stage of the disease is the appearance of rashes in places of recent skin injury, what psoriasis looks like in the initial stages can be seen in the photo.
- Stationary. Rashes become larger in size and begin to merge with each other, forming large plaques with fuzzy outlines. New elements of the rash do not appear, but a large number of scales form on the surface of the rash.
- Regressive or final. The rash begins to decrease and gradually goes away on its own. It may leave behind a light pigmentation that will disappear on its own over time, or an area of a lighter color compared to the surrounding healthy skin.
Often the question arises – “Does psoriasis itch in the initial and final stages”? For psoriasis, itching is an uncharacteristic symptom, it may not be.
With each exacerbation, the disease goes through all three stages in order. However, if you start treatment at the very beginning of the first stage, the progression of the rash can be prevented.
For most people, symptoms are cyclical. Usually during the next outbreak, they persist for several weeks, and then gradually weaken and disappear. The shape of the beginning psoriasis determines how the photos and real symptoms look
Treatment of the initial stage of psoriasis
If you find the first suspicious signs, you need to contact a dermatologist.
Psoriasis of the initial stage involves minimal treatment with medications. Mostly – outdoor.
- Non-hormonal ointments and creams. They form the basis of therapy, since they can be used at any stage of the disease, including during remission. They act gently and often have no side effects. They relieve peeling, redness, subjective sensations and slow down inflammatory processes.
- Hormonal ointments and creams. At the initial stage of the disease, they are used, as a rule, with severe inflammation or a special type of psoriasis (exudative). These drugs are able to quickly cope with inflammation in the affected skin area. However, hormonal ointments and creams are not suitable for permanent use, as they can cause side effects with prolonged use. The degree of how psoriasis begins, the photos will demonstrate best – both in adults and in children.
- Moisturizing gels and creams. Soothe and soften the skin. Can be used as an additional care.
- Vitamin complexes. An additional measure to support the strength of the body and its resistance to disease. First of all, vitamin A is used in psoriasis, since it affects the cell division of skin cells and the formation of scales. In the progressive stage of the disease, multivitamin complexes, as a rule, are not prescribed.
- Physiotherapy procedures. They are especially effective in the early stages. More often, phototherapy (UVB or PUVA) is prescribed, as well as excimer exposure to UV rays and a laser.
In most cases, medications are prescribed by a doctor. Several drugs can be used at once in the complex. If the signs of the disease are mild, you can do without oral medications and use only external non-hormonal formulations.
Losterin is a line of dermatological agents widely used for various skin diseases, including psoriasis. The composition contains a complex of active ingredients ( naftalan deresined , urea, D – panthenol , etc. ), which effectively affect the foci of inflammation and help to alleviate the symptoms of the disease. Losterin is considered one of the basic care products for skin diseases. It can be used at all stages of the development of the disease, but in the early stages it is most effective. What psoriasis looks like at the initial stage can be seen well in the photo.
Since psoriasis is a chronic disease and will periodically remind of itself throughout life, treatment should be carried out regularly. Each time you can use the Losterin line . Its components are not addictive.
Prevention of the initial stage of psoriasis
Preventive measures help to delay the manifestations of the disease and thereby prolong the period of remission. If you follow the rules of prevention directly during an attack, they will help ease the symptoms and speed up recovery.
Key prevention measures are as follows:
- Exclusion of stress. Or minimizing it. Stress greatly disrupts the work of the nervous system, which seriously affects the general condition of the body. To better cope with your emotional mood, you can sign up for a course of psychotherapy. Lessons can be individual or group.
- Diet. Nutrition should be healthy, balanced and contain hypoallergenic foods. The basis of the menu is proteins, raw vegetables and dairy products. Junk food like sweets and pastries should be avoided. Also, fried and smoked dishes, spicy and too salty, canned foods are not welcome. On the network you can find photos of psoriasis at the beginning of the disease and after establishing a diet.
- Plentiful drink. It is usually recommended to drink from 1.5-2 liters of purified water per day. However, it is important to focus on your feelings, and not blindly follow the recommendations.
- Vitamin complexes. It is desirable that the vitamins were prescribed by a doctor – after the tests.
- Mode. Eating, waking up and going to bed should be on schedule. This makes it easier for the body to maintain proper activity. It is advisable to get up and go to bed early.
- Fresh air. It is important to take a walk in the fresh air every day. It reduces stress and is generally good for the body.
- Skin care. You should regularly use emollients and moisturizers. Especially after water procedures.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes. Made from natural soft materials. Shoes should be true to size, and clothing should be loose-fitting.
- Regular consultations with a doctor. And surveys. This will help monitor the condition of your body and increase the likelihood of preventing psoriasis.
Thus, photos of the symptoms of skin psoriasis of the initial and subsequent stages clearly show all the trouble of this disease. Therefore, prevention is worth taking care of.
It is important to remember that in the vast majority of cases, psoriasis manifests itself as a result of severe stress. Therefore, first of all, it is important to take care of a harmonious state of mind and daily routine.