Head fungus is the “popular” name for a number of diseases of the scalp caused by microorganisms. The cause of such diseases is in most cases insufficient hygiene and contact with carriers of the causative agents of the disease. Treatment can be quite lengthy.
- Classification and features
Classification and features
Four main groups of fungal diseases that affect the scalp can be distinguished:
- Superficial trichophoria. The main source of infection is contact with an infected person. Characteristic signs: significant fragility of the hair, redness and peeling of the skin, hair loss. Small dark spots appear on the spot of the fallen hair.
- Deep trichophoria. The main source of infection is animals that carry pathogens. Characteristic signs: hair falls out, and after a while, large red tubercles appear in their place.
- Favus Chronic fungal disease of the scalp. Often the fungus is found in those people who constantly wear a wig or a tight hat. Characteristic features: the appearance of yellow spots on the skin, brittleness and hair loss.
- Microsporia. Infection occurs through contact with cats, dogs and other pets. Characteristic signs: redness of the scalp, the appearance of red pimples on it. After some time, two foci of infection are formed, which are pronounced. In them, hair quickly breaks and falls out.
The fungus on the head can manifest itself with the following symptoms:
- The scalp is peeling. Often there are separate foci of peeling of a rounded shape.
- Hair ceases to shine, becomes dry and brittle, falls out. Small black dots remain at the place of occurrence.
- With ringworm, it may deprive purulent foci on the head, which in severe cases have to be treated with antibiotics.
- Skin plaques appear on the head, which are noticeably protruding above its surface.
As a rule, the fungus of the head proceeds in a latent form for a rather long time, so it is difficult to diagnose it and start treatment. Vivid symptoms appear after a while, when the disease is already progressing. An alarming sign can even be the usual dandruff, which does not disappear for a long time or manifests itself in those people who did not have it before.
The fight against fungal diseases of the scalp should take place only under the supervision of a doctor. Self-treatment can bring negative consequences, since the specific treatment regimen depends on the nature and course of the disease. Treatment of head fungus with traditional methods includes the use of the following drugs:
- Antifungal gels, ointments, therapeutic shampoos.
- Exfoliating, softening agents.
- Antifungal antibiotics. They are prescribed in severe cases when external treatment does not bring the desired result.
- Vitamin preparations for strengthening hair and skin.
- Iodine preparations, antiseptics for superficial use. They lubricate the skin with purulent diseases.
- Immunomodulating drugs. Fungal diseases often develop amid weakening of the body’s defenses, which requires strengthening immunity. For the same purpose, a special diet is prescribed, which allows you to effectively treat even complex skin diseases.
- Throughout the treatment, you should adhere to special rules of hygiene of the scalp and follow all the requirements of a doctor.
- Lubricate affected areas with fresh onion juice.
- Effectively and treatment with lemon juice (can be diluted in water), tomato juice.
- Mix evenly burned copper sulfate, yellow sulfur and tar (can be replaced with goose fat). Boil, cool and lubricate the affected areas.
- Onion garlic bulbs are crushed into a homogeneous gruel and apply to the skin.
- Ripar raisins so that it is soft. Cut raisins in half and rub their skin.
- Mix the softened pork fat and sifted wood ash evenly. Rub the ointment into the skin in the morning and evening.
- Mix 100 ml of alcohol (for lack of alcohol it is permissible to treat the fungus with good vodka) and 10 flowers of lilac. Insist 10 days, lubricate the skin with tincture.
It should be noted that alternative treatment can be effective in the initial stages of the development of fungal infection. If the fungus progresses in the future, you can not do without special medications.