Psoriasis can affect any area of the skin, including the scalp. Do not confuse scalp psoriasis with dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis). Signs of dandruff are white scales. Signs of psoriasis are silvery gray scales. Psoriasis treatment is a difficult and lengthy process. There are many recommendations and advice on how to treat psoriasis on the head . But the most correct way is to seek professional help from a doctor who can correctly determine the type of psoriasis, make the correct diagnosis and prescribe a consistent course of therapeutic treatment. This is the only way to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of psoriasis of the skin under the hair as effectively as possible.
What is the principle of scalp psoriasis treatment? First you need to remove the top thick scales. For this, it is best to use keratolytics that contain salicylic acid, urea, phenol, or lactic acid. Another way to soften scalp flaking is to use medicated lotions, oils, creams, and ointments.
After softening the skin, it is necessary to remove the scales with a brush or a fine comb. Hair must be combed gently, very carefully, without haste, so as not to infect.
Soderm solution is a very effective treatment for ICH psoriasis. It should be applied twice a day to the scalp, and once the condition has improved. Thanks to the convenient dispensing nozzle, Soderm can be applied directly to the affected areas. Attention! This medicine should be used only as directed by a doctor.
Further. For the treatment of seborrheic psoriasis, doctors usually prescribe:
- sedatives ( Menovalen , Persen , Novo- Pasit , Sedavit , Fitosed )
- B vitamins ( Neurobion- Forte Lactab )
- calcium preparations ( Calcemin Advance , Calcium D3 Nycomed, Calcium gluconate)
- ascorbic acid
- folic and niacin
Here are some more tips on how to treat scalp psoriasis with effective medicated ointments. Mostly used for treatment are hormonal ointments – Advantan , Triderm , Elokom . An alternative to corticosteroid drugs, which have a number of contraindications and side effects, for local treatment is Skin- Cap ointment . Its active ingredient (zinc pyrithionine ) has a pronounced cytostatic and antiproliferative activity.
Cope well with the task of treating psoriasis ICH non-hormonal ointments.
- the most popular is salicylic 2% ointment. Action – removes scales. It has one drawback – it is difficult to wash off. In this regard, it must be smeared with a thin layer.
- sulfur-salicylic ointment. Can be prepared at home, namely: take three parts of salicylic ointment and one part of sulfuric ointment, stir thoroughly, apply to the affected skin
- Naftaderm . It is a 10% liniment of Naftalan oil. Action – anti-inflammatory, disinfectant. Eliminates itching, stimulates healing
Indications for use – eczema, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, lichen rosacea, seborrhea.
ICH psoriasis can also be treated with traditional herbal remedies . The main recommendation on how to treat psoriasis on the head with the help of herbs is as follows: you need to wash your hair every day with decoctions of a string, horsetail, and sage. You can also use oak bark, birch buds, nutshells and other medicinal plants.
Today in pharmacies you can buy different types of medicated shampoos that have the ability to beneficially affect the scalp and hair condition in the presence of seborrheic psoriasis. As an example, here are some of these tools:
- freederm tar. Action – vasoconstrictor, antifungal and astringent. Disadvantages – May cause dryness and foul odor. The frequency of application is 2 times a week. A good shampoo that washes oily ointments from your hair
- freederm zinc. It is used in cases of severe itching. The active ingredient is zinc pyrithione . Properties are identical to the previous drug
- nizoral . Anti-dandruff shampoo, but also effective for psoriasis
- shampoo and liquid Algopix
For the treatment of scalp psoriasis, it is recommended to use sulsenic , tar and sulfur soaps. Natural vegetable oils such as olive, linseed, burdock, string and nettle oils help to remove scales.
As you can see, there are many remedies for the treatment of scalp psoriasis. The main thing is to use them correctly and in a timely manner. In this case, the treatment of the symptoms of the disease will certainly be successful.