Everyone knows firsthand about the fungus. And probably everyone has met this insidious disease, which is also called mycosis. The disease belongs to infectious diseases and is caused by fungi. Fungi belong to the lowest class of plants that can live well on human tissues.
The fungus is used to multiplying in a weak alkaline or alkaline environment. But human skin has an acidic environment and fungus cannot develop in such an environment. But when a person begins to sweat, then such an environment becomes the most optimal for reproduction.
The most common type of fungus develops on the feet and between the toes. This type of disease is transmitted from one to another. It is not difficult to become infected with a fungus, because infected scales constantly fall from the skin. The most optimal environment for growing fungus is high humidity. Therefore, the most common places for infection are swimming pools, saunas and showers.
Most often, the fungus is located in the foot area due to excessive sweating and improperly selected shoes. These parasites perfectly tolerate dry air and lower temperatures, they just stop multiplying in such an environment. In the fallen off scales of the affected skin, parasites live for a very long time.
Symptoms and causes of the appearance of fungi on the feet and nails
3) Peeling between the toes and heels
4) The appearance of cracks
5) The skin may thicken
6) Scales appear
7) Nails become yellowish, greenish or brownish
8) The nail plate collapses
9) The nail becomes noticeably thicker or thinner and deforms
10) Spots, white or yellowish stripes may appear on the nails.
The causes of nail fungus can be reduced immunity, vascular disease on the legs, poor blood supply to the legs, diabetes mellitus, foot injuries, poor poor-quality shoes, increased sweating of the feet.
Preventive measures against fungus
If you follow a few rules, you can safely avoid meeting with a fungus:
1) It is worth choosing high-quality shoes so that the foot breathes. Don’t buy tight shoes, everything should be in size.
2) Do not walk with bare feet in public pools, saunas and showers.
3) Do not cut your nails with someone else’s scissors.
4) The material at the socks should be cotton, cotton allows the skin to breathe.
5) Wear gloves when washing dishes, floors and washing.
6) Don’t bite your nails. This is not only ugly, but also very harmful.
7) Everyone in the family should have their own towel.
Treatment of fungus on feet and nails
You can buy special anti-fungal creams and ointments at the pharmacy. Before applying ointment or cream, you need to thoroughly wash your feet with soap and dry thoroughly. It is also recommended to use a deodorant if you sweat heavily. It is also sold at the pharmacy. But all creams and ointments are very expensive, so folk methods can easily replace them.
1) There is an opinion that soda copes best with fungus. For such a fight, mix soda with water to make a gruel. And apply the resulting mixture on the nails and under them so that the soda gets on the skin. Let it sit for ten minutes and rinse well.
2) Great for fighting thyme fungus. Add three tablespoons of thyme to a glass of water and put on fire. Boil for five minutes. Then turn off the heat and cover. The mixture must be cooled. After it has cooled down, you need to treat the fungal spots with this mixture.
3) Apple cider vinegar will also help. Pour water into a bowl and add enough apple cider vinegar to tolerate. If your fungus manifests itself with ulcers and erosion, then this method will not work for you. Do this in the evening before bed for a week. After the procedure, you need to dry your feet well and put on clean socks.
4) Garlic will help. Take two to three heads of garlic. Pound to make a gruel. Add salt to the slurry and apply to the affected areas as an ointment.
5) An effective method that can help to cope not only with the fungus, but also with the sweating of the feet. Before the procedure, wash your feet with soap and dry. Then apply iodine to the affected areas. Take clean socks and add one teaspoon of boric acid. Put on your socks and wear them for a day. Usually, after one such procedure, the fungus disappears.